Monday, March 4, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 141

Monday, March 4, 2024 - Whispering Pines RV Park, Odessa, TX, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 4,605.9 Miles for the trip 

An interesting evening yesterday. My neighbor tied his dogs up outside the trailers and the leash was long enough that one of them ate my sewer hose. She also tried to eat one of my trailer chocks. She is a 6 month old puppy, so I kind of understand. The owner offered to go & get me a new sewer hose, but since only a few designs fit in the housing that Escape built under the trailer, I'd rather get one myself. I went to Walmart & they only had a kit that included 2 10' rather than one 15' hoses; both won't fit in the storage, so one will go home as a spare. The owner paid for the new hose.

I did a speed test for both AT&T and Verizon. Here, Verizon wins: Verizon 52Mbps down & 20Mbps up. AT&T 2Mbps down & .1Mbps up.

I got an email reservation confirmation for a site at Lakeport State Park in Michigan for September 4 - 10 for the Algonac Rally (it is moved to Lakeport because Algonac is closed for a rebuild), so Anne & Guido's early morning reserving efforts came through. Now I need to do the same tomorrow for our Bolarama reservations in Canada for July and the one night stop on the way to the Algonac Rally.

I went to the local HEB pretty much just to see if it was a big & diverse as I remembered. I have been to one before, but it has been years. It sure is a Texas sized store. I did find a couple of things I wasn't able to find at a bunch of grocery stores & Walmarts west of the Mississippi, so I didn't go back to the trailer empty handed.

Back at the trailer I had lunch, then read for the afternoon. At this time I'm listening to Frederick Forsyth's Avenger, and reading Ross Pennie's Tainted. I have enjoyed his Zol Szabo character, and hope to read more. I feel dried out - could it be the 19% humidity in the trailer? There was more moisture in the air in the Quartzsite, AZ desert! 

Dinner was an InnovAsian Orange Chicken Bowl, one of those bowls I haven't been able to find west of the Mississippi.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment