Wednesday, March 6, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 143

Wednesday, March 6, 2024 - Fort Griffin State Historic Site, Albany, TX, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 4,838.4 Miles for the trip 

Another quiet day on the trip home. I do mean quiet. This is the quietest campground I've ever stayed at. About once an hour you can hear a truck going by on US 283, and that is it. There are 35 sites in the campground, a mix of full hookup, water & electric, and tent sites with water only. At this time there are 5 RVs in the campground, and at least two are either hosts or workers - they have 100 gallon propane tanks next to their trailers.

I got voice mail that I didn't see, and called Long Beach, talked with Mike & he explained that the dates for the Bolerama are set aside for the entire park. Their system should not have let me make a reservation on line, but it did. Reservations for that weekend can only be made by voice, starting on March 21. So, I'll try again. At least I'll be in the same time zone by then.

I read most of the morning and afternoon. Around 2:30 I headed for the showers. There are a couple of bathrooms in the campground. The closest one to my site has high pressure/low volume shower heads in family bathrooms. I prefer the older building a bit further away, but with a standard shower. I rate it an A - large drying area with bench & 2 good hooks, a shower curtain, shelf in the shower, and plenty of hot water. The only fault I can find is the shower head is about 1' too low.

Bach at the trailer I made a batch of chili for dinner (and, 3 more that will go in the freezer). Not as good as the last batch. I used the tube type of turkey and I think the fresh ground is a better choice. It was also a bit dry - I cooked it outside on the Coleman grill/stove and it is almost impossible to turn it down low enough to simmer. In any case, I now have 3 more meals.

That was about it for the day. I'm reading Ross Pennie's Zol Szabo series, #3, Up In Smoke.

Dinner was Chili.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment