Sunday, March 3, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 140

Sunday, March 3, 2024 - Whispering Pines RV Park, Odessa, TX - 163.2 Miles, 4,605.9 Miles for the trip 

Not a bad drive today, although all on interstates I 10 & I 20. I kept looking at my gas gauge since it wasn't dropping. Checked the mileage and it was 18.1MPG! Now this has never happened when towing, and when I stopped at a rest stop I discovered why - a very strong tailwind. The end of the trip was crosswise to the wind, and by the time I reached the RV park in Odessa, I was down to 16.9MPG, still great.

I'm in site 9, a full hookup, back in site on gravel for $50.00 per night. Cash only. No picnic table or grill, but like yesterday, it is windy enough that outside the trailer is pretty much out. Very tight sites and, as far as I can determine, no bathrooms even though at least one of the reviews says they have them.

Site 9

After setting up I headed to Walmart for some supplies. Lots of dollar stores, and a HEB 3.5 miles from the RV Park. Since the wind is gusting at 30MPH or so, I spent the rest of the afternoon in the trailer reading. I also made my usual Sunday phone calls. My brother is finally seeing some advancement on the construction of his new house in the Catskills (well, it is actually destruction - they are knocking down the existing house to make way for the new foundation).

Everything at home in Oswego is going well, although they had lots of wind the other day, enough that power was out at the house for 24 hours. The whole house generator ran without problems.

Dinner was a Benihana Hibachi Chicken Rice bowl.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment