Monday, March 11, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 148

Monday, March 11, 2024 - Aux Arc COE Campground, Ozark, AR, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 5,344 Miles for the trip 

Another cool night at 36°F, 38°F when I went for my morning walk. There was a heavy mist on the river until the sun burned it off. I didn't hear any train horns overnight; the first of the day was at 7:30AM.

The last time I was here the black vultures hung out in the trees. This time they are on the shore line behind my trailer. Beautiful birds when they are soaring overhead, but they sure are ugly up close.

Black Vultures

I called and got a 2:00 appointment for an oil change at Whitson-Morgan, the Ozark Ford dealer. I stopped at the Walmart on the way back from the Ford dealer, but it was a "neighborhood" version with little food. Not any better luck with the grocery store in town; a reasonable amount of stuff, but not what I was looking for. 

Back at the trailer I headed for the showers. 2 showers in the men's section, one handicapped. The standard shower has a standard shower head and a non adjustable temperature  push button with a 9 second run. Plenty of hot water (almost too hot) but no shower curtain & the shower aims at the drying area. A bench & 1 hook in the drying area; the floor gets 3/4 covered with water from the shower. Overall, a C-.

Dinner was a Butterball Turkey Burger & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment