Sunday, March 10, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 147

Sunday, March 10, 2024 - Aux Arc COE Campground, Ozark, AR - 131.5 Miles, 5,344 Miles for the trip 

While it was a cool 35°F overnight and only 36°F when I packed up the trailer, but the time I got to Ozark, AR it was a comfortable 65°F.

Today's drive was north on US 69 to I 40, and east to Ozark, AR. A fairly short drive. No one at the entrance station at the Aux Arc campground so I headed to my site. I'm in B27, next door to the host site at the front of the B section of the campground. The site is on the Arkansas River, which, because of the Corps of Engineer's dam is actually more like a lake. There is a lock on the other side of the river for barges & boats to get around the dam. Active railroad tracks on the other side of the river that include loud horn tooting. 

My site is a water & electric on unlevel asphalt - Needed 3" of lift on the tongue & 3/4" side to side. For some reason my receipt shows I paid the full price for the site, ie $26.00 per night even though I put in the information for my Senior National Park card which cuts the price in half. I checked the Toad Suck receipt (my next COE stop) and it showed the price cut. It isn't worth trying to straighten it out so I'll live with paying full price. The bathrooms are a short distance away. There are 2 in the park, one at each end of the .75 mile row of sites. I've stayed in the middle; a long walk to the bathrooms!

Site B27

I checked the internet - AT&T is 48.8Mbps down & 16.3Mbps up, while Verizon is 76.9Mbps down & 9.5Mbps up, both checked with a MIMO connection to a pair of outside antennas.

After setting up I headed to the Maytag Laundromat to do a large load of clothes. Somehow I lost a sock, the first time on many trips. I even got to recheck both the washer & dryer I used, and no luck. It is possible that the sock is in the fitted sheet, although I did my usual check of the corners. 

Back at the trailer I did my afternoon back exercises, then sat outside until dinner.

Dinner was a Saffron Road Chicken Biryani bowl.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment