Saturday, March 16, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 153

Saturday, March 16, 2024 -Pin Oaks Campground, Natchez Trace State Park, TN - 176.9 Miles, 5,775.6 Miles for the trip

Part of the drive was on US 64, the rest on a very heavily trafficked I 40, even a couple of stop & go sections. My GPS got lost near the campground - it looks like the road is new. In any case, I eventually found a road that led to Pin Oaks Lodge Road, which also goes to the campground.

I'm in site 43, a full hook up site on gravel with a fire pit, charcoal grill & picnic table. It needed 2 1/2" side to side & a 4" drop of the tongue to level. Different rates for Saturday & Sunday, and a 25% in season senior discount plus taxes & reservation fee averages out to $34.35 per night. The campground is crowded - only one or two empty sites & they have reserved tickets on them.

Site 43

A sunny 67°F outside, I sat & read. You won't know any of this until I find a internet connection. While my AT&T cell phone shows 1 bar, no data, and the Verizon phone shows SOS only. No park WiFi. So, for the first time on the trip, no connection to the outside world  (although I can still listen to XM Radio). 

I don't remember having this problem the last time I was here, but can't look up my old pages in line. I looked at the Dreamweaver page I posted from on my 2022 trip & it showed AT&T at 7Mbps & Verizon at 2Mbps. I was in site 23 which is visible from my current site.

I may take a drive with the modems to the lodge to see if there is coverage there. Otherwise, it won't be until Monday to post the next 2 day's journals.

I checked at the restaurant at the park lodge & they are having a BBQ Buffet. That may be a bit hard on my recovering stomach, but they also have their normal menu so I might try them for dinner. 

I checked with the front desk & they gave me the password for the lodge WiFi. I also looked over the Buffet, and there was plenty that I was comfortable eating, including one rib. Good but somewhat expensive compared to my usual meals.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment