Sunday, March 24, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 161

Sunday, March 24, 2024 - Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 6,189.7 Miles for the trip

While it didn't freeze overnight, at 7:00AM it was colder outside than it was in my refrigerator at 34°F. I was late getting out of bed since I like to listen to the puzzle on Weekend Edition on NPR, and now that I'm back in the eastern time zone it doesn't happen until after 8:30AM. 

Lots of sun, but still cool during my morning walk. I saw another Oliver in a row over from my trailer; they left this morning. 

I put the new battery in the AT&T Netgear cell modem, not that it did much good. While the back now fits & it is charging, AT&T is pretty near useless here in Townsend, and Verizon isn't all that much better. I did stop at the office for the password for TengoNet - it is free to campers, and is the most usable internet connection here - 17.3Mbps down & 3.3Mbps up. It still has a terrible ping & jitter, but not as bad as AT&T or Verizon.

I spent most of the day in the trailer. A bit cool to sit outside at 55°F at 2:00, although there are folks doing it. 

Around 3:00 I headed for the showers. Six unisex showers + a handicapped one. The standard showers are large, have a drying room with a bench & 3 hooks. A shower curtain between the shower & drying area. Plenty of adjustable hot water with a large standard shower head & a 3 shelf unit hanging from the shower head. Overall one of the best of the trip. An A.

I did move outside after my shower; back to reading The Exchange of Princesses by Chantal Thomas. On the edge of comfortable at 61°F. In the sun it was fine, but if a cloud moved in and the wind picked up not so much.

Dinner was a Butterball turkey burger & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment