Saturday, March 9, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 146

Saturday, March 9, 2024 - Arrowhead State Park, OK - 190 Miles, 5,212.5 Miles for the trip 

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight (unless you live in Arizona off the Navajo reservations).

An interesting drive. My GPS said 153 miles & 3 hours. That didn't happen. I was on US 70 a little past Kingston about to cross Lake Texoma on the Lake Texoma Bridge. About 100 yards onto the bridge were two pick up trucks at right angles to the road, one on top of the other, completely blocking both lanes of the bridge. It must have just happened since no one was in front of me. I stopped, backed up 400 yards or so to get to where there was room on the side of the road. About 10 emergency vehicles showed up; the projected time for opening the road was 1 1/2 - 2 hours. There was just enough width to the road for me to turn around, and at the suggestion of one of the volunteers I back tracked to Madill & took US 377. Just outside of Madill, a freight train stopped across the road & didn't move out of the way until 45 minutes later. So, today's drive was 190 miles & 5 hours.

I'm in site 18 in the Turkey Flats campground in Arrowhead State Park. Full hookups on a concrete slab that is off level by 1 1/2" side to side and 1/2" front to back. While there was no indication when I made the on line reservation, it is an ADA site. I hope that won't be a problem; the park has more ADA sites & is mostly empty. 

Site 18

While clear skies with lots of sun, it is only 58°F at 3:30. After setting up I headed for a shower. There are 4 individual shower rooms, 2 of which were locked. They have a sign that says they are all locked from 9:00PM to 7:00AM. The one I used had a high pressure, non adjustable shower head with adjustable temperature handle, and a wall between the shower & the drying area. It needed to be full to hot for reasonable hot water. The stream is strong enough to almost hurt. While there is a drain in the shower section and the wall between it & the drying area, the water sprays past the drain & within seconds floods the entire drying area floor to at least 1/4" deep water. There is a fold down seat that serves as a bench, and 3 hooks, although they are low enough that if you hang long pants on any of them the bottoms of the pants will get soaked. Overall, a D.

Back at the trailer I read for a bit, typed this post, and caught up on my email. AT&T is 54.9Mbps down & 7.4Mbps up. I didn't check Verizon. 

Dinner was an El Monterey Cheese Enchiladas.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment