Friday, March 8, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 145

Friday, March 8, 2024 -Lake Murray State Park, OK, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 5,022.5 Miles for the trip 

While the rain held off until after last night's dinner, there were mild thunderstorms throughout the night. This morning started out cool at 55°F, damp, but no rain. Unfortunately, it never got much warmer throughout the cloudy day. At noon it was all the way up to 56°F.

After my morning walk I cranked the thermostat on the electric heater to 68°F and spent the rest of the day sitting in the trailer reading. Around 3:30 a light rain started, just enough to hear the patter on the roof. I must still be used to the low humidity of the desert; at 56°F outside, 68°F & 61% humidity in the trailer I'm freezing.

Feeling lazy (although it isn't much work to throw something into the microwave) and knowing that I wouldn't hit another campground with a restaurant until I reached Tennessee, I headed to the Lookout Kitchen for dinner.

Dinner was fried fish with French fries & steamed vegetables. 

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment