Friday, April 15, 2022

2021-2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 177

 Friday, April 15, Falls Creek Falls State Park, TN,Day 2 - 0 Miles, 6,781.4 Miles for the Trip

Falls Creek Falls

A cool night, 36°F at 7:00AM. Lots of sun & by my 9:00 walk it was OK with just a sweatshirt. A walk around loop A is .7 miles. The campground is fairly crowded, although there are a few empty sites. Most are fairly sloped, either up or down. I discovered that my site is full hook up, but the sewer connection is too far to the back of the site to be useful unless I parked on the back edge of the pavement.

After breakfast I read on line stuff for a bit, then sat outside reading #6 in Robert Westbrook's Howard Moon Deer Mystery Series.

I decided to head to the lodge to see if I could get the 25% senior discount. Not at the lodge - all the other Tennessee State Parks I visited do the refunds at the lodge. Here at Falls Creek Falls, you need to go to the Visitor Center. There I discovered that I made a big mistake making the reservation. Seems site A20 is a Premium site either because if has a sewer connection, or is closer to level than the rest of the park. In any case, it is $10.00 more per night than the site next door. On top of that, it is not eligible for discounts. So, it looks like I'm paying an average of $47.59 per night rather than $32 or so if I was next door. The fact that the sewer connection is too far from the trailer to be useful just rubs it in.

I did stop at two waterfalls on the way back from the lodge, Falls Creek Falls, the tallest waterfall east of the Rockies, and Piney Falls. I also forgot to do a site photo yesterday, so I included one today. Additional photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Back at the trailer I watched a new neighbor set up a travel trailer in a site so steep I wouldn't have tried to put my little trailer there, but so far it is still in place. He had to put the tongue jack all the way to the pavement to get near level.

I sat outside and read for the rest of the afternoon, starting #7 in the Howard Moon Deer series, Hungry Ghost.

Dinner was a Butterball Turkey Burger & a Salad.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment