Thursday, April 21, 2022

2021-2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 183

 Thursday, April 21,Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN - 9.4 Miles, 6,934.28 Miles for the Trip

Last night was warm at 52°F; the furnace never ran. As usual, I did my eye drops at 7:00AM, went back to sleep, and woke up to what sounded like thousands of generators at 8:00. Actually, only around 10 of them, but still annoying. I stopped at the store for coffee during my morning walk. I spent most of the morning after breakfast reading. I finished Aaron Elkin's Dead Men's Hearts and a short story by Dean Koontz - Light Has Weight But Darkness Does Not. Started 16 Souls by John J. Nance.

A short move today. I arrived at the Townsend KOA around noon, and backed into site 87, a full hookup site on gravel that has different weekday / weekend prices. I got a discount for being with the Egg camping group. They took $48.57 off the $291.20 total for the 4 nights for an average price of $60.66 per night. No one ever accused KOAs of being inexpensive! 

Site 87

I got a rash of phone voice mails, text messages, and 250 emails, all for being away from the internet for just 4 days.

After wandering around the campground stopping to say hello to those already here, I headed back to the trailer to deal with the email & text & phone messages. I put out the hummingbird feeder - it might be too early for any takers, but the days are going to be in the 80's with 50°+ nighttime temperatures, so maybe there will be a bird or two.

The rest of the afternoon was spent sitting outside reading & waiting for the Guidos to arrive.

The Guidos got stuck in traffic for the last 24 miles or so, but pulled in around 4:00. We chatted for a bit, then headed to Riverstone restaurant next door to the campground for dinner.

I had their country fried steak smothered in brown gravy and onions. I know brown gravy is totally wrong for country fried steak, but somehow it works, at least here. Don had a open roast beef sandwich and Anne had a fried shrimp basket. Huge servings & my steak was tender enough to be editable, something that about half the ones I ordered out west were not.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment