Thursday, April 7, 2022

2021-2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 169

 Thursday, April 7, Pin Oaks Campground, Natchez Trace State Park, TN, Day 4

A cold morning at 46°F during my morning walk, but at least the sun was out. The prediction is cool days and cold nights, getting colder as the week progresses. Sunday morning when I leave, the app tells me it will be 32°F and warming up into the 70's, but of course that is after I'm gone. Might be a good idea to unhook the water hose the night before. Hope Henry Horton State Park is a bit warmer. 

I rechecked my weather app this afternoon and the good news is that Sunday morning is now up to 34°F. The bad news is Chapel Hill, TN (the location of Henry Horton State Park) starts out at 30°F on Sunday morning, then warming up into the low 70's every day, but shows rain for the entire time I'm there.

I tried sitting outside. It worked for awhile, but when the wind came up & the sun hid behind clouds, at 58°F it was too cool to be comfortable. Instead, I made another loop around the campground, then headed inside. During the second walk I stopped in the laundry at the other bathroom building; the washing machine in that laundry now has an out of order sign on it just like the one in our bathroom laundry. So, no problem drying things here at the campground, but you can't wash in either building.

The campground is starting to fill for the weekend. While there are still a number of empty sites, there is a steady stream of RVs arriving. 

Dinner was a peanut butter & grape jelly sandwich & more of the pickled beets.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment