Tuesday, April 12, 2022

2021-2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 174

 Tuesday, April 12, Henry Horton State Park, Chapel Hill, TN, Day 3

Fairly heavy rain started at 7:00AM, and fell off & on most of the morning, stopping around 11:30. 

I got a call from my son saying the hot water was off in the house. The last time that happened, they had to replace the hot water tank (it is a system that uses the boiler to heat the water in the tank). Hopefully, it is something simple. 

Around 2:00 I headed for the showers. A high mounted (8') low volume, high pressure shower head. With the handle cranked as hot as possible, the water, by the time it got down to you, was still hot enough. A small soap dish in the shower, and a shower curtain. The drying room had 1 hook on the door and a single weird hook on the wall. A small bench. Even with the shower curtain most of the drying room floor got wet. I'd score it at a B-.

I decided to do add Henry Horton to my campground list. While all the sites are large enough for the truck & trailer, some are very sloped. The Reserve America site does note "slight slope" for some of the sites, but some listed as level aren't. 

After the walk around the campground I sat outside. No sun, but 71°F. I read for awhile, but a very light, almost mist rain started to fall. Not enough to show up on my radar app, but annoying. I headed back in the trailer, then tried outside again. This time I even saw a few bursts of sun, but it started cooling off to the point where I headed back inside.

I did wander around the campsite to take a few wildflower photos. 

Wildflowers

More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Still reading Westbrook's #4 in the Howard Moon Deer Mystery Series, Ancient Enemy. His books in the series get better with each one. There are 8, so I'm about half way through. I'll probable stick with them rather than continuing to alternate with the 15 books in Westlake's Dortmunder series.

Dinner was the other half of the mushroom & truffle oil pizza. I still cannot get over the fact that on the box it says that this frozen pizza is made in Germany. Hard to believe that you can import them and still make a profit selling them. One suspicion that it might be true is the odd cooking temperature, 420°F. I converted that to Celsius expecting it to come out to a nice even number, but 420°F = 215.56°C. Who knows - all I know is I like the pizza, and won't be able to get it in upstate NY. Krogers is the largest grocery chain in the US, and includes Krogers, Bakers, City Market, Dillon's, Food 4 Less, Foods Co, Fred Meyers, Fry's, Gerbes, Ralph's, Smiths, King Soopers, QFC, Owen's, Jay C, Pay Less, Harris Teeter, Pick and Save, and a few more. So far, no upstate NY Krogers or affiliate that sells their Private Selection brand.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment