Saturday, March 26, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 157

 Saturday , March 26, Toad Suck COE Campground, Conway, AR, Day 7

Around 46°F for my morning walk. The campground is almost full - I saw 5 empty sites doing all 4 loops. At least 2 of the sites were filled later this morning. While it warmed up to 62°F by 2:00, there was little sun and a breeze, so it still felt a bit cool sitting outside. I did it anyway for much of the afternoon, reading the second book, The Final Trade in Joe Hart's series. Just interesting enough to keep me reading, but I've read better "end of society" books. The Road by Cormac McCarthy is by far my favorite. Most of McCarthy's books can be incredibly depressing, but wonderfully written.

Dinner was a salad. By the way, unless you like really spicy food, stay away from P. F. Chang's Chicken Pad Thai bowl. My mouth burned for much of the evening, although I admit I liked it. Not sure I'd get another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment