Friday, March 25, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 156

 Friday , March 25, Toad Suck COE Campground, Conway, AR, Day 6

Not too bad at 50°F for my morning walk. After breakfast I did my usual reading, then headed out to Handsome John's Barber Shop for a haircut. Unfortunately, he was by himself & booked for the day. Found Pam's Barber Shop a short drive away (although my GPS routed me to a dead end of Deer street where I could see the barber shop, but across the railroad tracks. Found my way to the barber shop & got a walk in haircut.

On the way back I drove by a different Krogers, decided to check it they had their Private Selection Sumatran Manhandling brand coffee, and not only did they have it, it was available as whole bean. 

Back at the campground I headed to the showers to wash of the itchy cuttings from the haircut. I decided to visit the bathroom building in the A loop to see it it was any different from the one in the C loop. Yes, there is a difference - with the handle turned all the way to hot, the water was only lukewarm. In any case, my neck no longer itches. I have new neighbors on both sides.

At 1:30 the outside temperature was up to 58°F, so I ventured outside in the sun to read. Current book is Joe Hart's The Last Girl. 

I chatted with my right side neighbors - they took a year off from work to travel around the country, hoping to visit every state. They spent part of the winter in Quartzsite.

Dinner was a P. F. Chang's Chicken Pad Thai bowl. Definitely a "hot" meal!

Until Tomorrow - 

2 comments:

  1. Jon, still having problems loading secure links on your blog. Even after resetting my browser, cookies and history, Chrome comes back with "revoked certificate" when trying to open secure links on your site. Good luck...
    Jeff Fara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently, I had two different SSL certificates on my site which was causing problems. They changed to just one, and the old one is now causing the problem. The only way I could fix it with Safari was to accept the "invalid" certificate.

      Delete