Thursday, March 10, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 141

 Thursday, March 10, Oasis RV Park, Van Horn, TX - 250.3 Miles, 5,161.9 Miles for the Trip

Site 18, The Oasis RV Park

An uneventful drive south & east on I10, with a bit of stop & go on the south side of El Paso. I went through a time zone change to Central Time just before hitting Van Horn, so it is later than I feel. 

I arrived at the Oasis RV Park around 3:00CST. The Oasis is an interesting place. Fairly run down, stuck between a railroad track & I10 so it won't be quiet, the laundromat is on one side of the covered pool, a single room bathroom with very dark shower, a small, but usable picnic table, and flat enough so it is not necessary to unhook. A full hookup site for $27.00 with Good Sam discount. I'm in site 18. All in all, a good one night stop that I've made many times before. I did stay at another Van Horn RV park the last time through in 2019, but it wasn't any better & cost about the same.

I finished listening to James Lee Burke's The House of the Rising Sun on the way to Van Horn, and started Raymond E. Feist's Silverthorn. I had mentioned that I had a hard time getting into Burke's book, but it grows on you as you listen; Burke is a great storyteller. One of the things that makes it is the excellent narration by Will Patton. On the Kindle I'm reading Her Last Day by T. R. Ragan. I liked one of her other books, but not so sure of this one. It is the first of a series, so if I like it there are more to come.

I started using Verizon, but it was pretty slow. Switched to AT&T and Speakeasy showed 41Mbps down & 25.4Mbps up so I stayed with AT&T. 

As I usually do, I headed across I10 Business to Chuy's Mexican Restaurant for a Chicken Enchilada dinner. 

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment