Thursday, March 17, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 148

 Thursday, March 17, Lake Murray State Park, Buzzards Roost Campground, Ardmore, OK, Day 3

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Another quiet morning with a 56°F temperature at 7:00AM. After my morning walk I read forums & journals on the laptop, then moved outside to read on the Kindle. A couple of trailers left, almost immediately followed by a couple new ones moving in. The campground is almost full.

Very windy with scattered clouds all afternoon. Every time I got up from my chair it blew over. Around 2:45 I headed for the showers. Individual rooms, with a fairly large shower & drying area. A soap dish in the shower, no bench or table in the drying area. 2 hooks in the drying area. There is a shower curtain and the showerhead is perpendicular to the curtain. High volume, standard pressure with a non adjustable push button - 45 second run of lukewarm water. No lip between the shower & the drying area, but enough slope and drainage that the drying area (at least the half towards the door) stays dry. Overall, a B. All it really needs is a bench so you don't need to put your shaving bag on the floor, and another 10°F of water temperature.

I went to the restaurant for an early dinner. I ordered the catfish and it was excellent. Overall, I recommend the place. I believe from their descriptions on line they are a chain. This one is called Swadley's Foggy Bottom Kitchen. Fast service, a couple of apple fritters as a free appetizer, and a large filled to go sweet tea that I didn't ask for was delivered with my check. They even got the bill correct this time. 

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment