Friday, March 18, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 149

 Friday , March 18, Aux Arc Park, COE, Ozark, AR - 291.3 Miles, 6,120.9 Miles for the Trip

Site B3

After dinner last night I sat outside enjoying the 71°F cloudy evening. Then we got rain, light to heavy, thunder & lightning, even some hail, but no damaging wind. For a short time large hail that sounded like rocks bouncing off the trailer, but no apparent damage.

I got an early start (for me) and pulled out of the park at 9:00. Most of the trip was on US 70 & US 69, both mostly 4 lane roads with 70MPH speed limits, slowing down when they went through towns, and 60MPH on the 2 lane sections. There were passing sections on much of the 2 lane parts of US 70. I had a guy in front of me that suffered from narrow lane itis (I'm fairly sure I invented the term). He would slow down well below the speed limit in all the two lane sections, then speed up above it when ever a passing lane appeared. The last hour or so was on I 40. Very heavy traffic going west, but not too bad on my side of the road. Cold. It was 46°F when I packed up the trailer and it never got any warmer the entire trip. Mist and light drizzle most of the drive.

I'm in B3, a back in site on the River/Lake (it is the Arkansas river but this section is called Ozark Lake above the dam & Lake Dardanelle below it). The campground is above the dam. Water & electric on pavement with a gravel tent pad, picnic table, fire ring & a small table for a grill. $9.00 per night with the Senior 1/2 price Pass. The 30 amp receptacle is falling apart, but works. 

I walked to the bathroom building at this end of the string of campsites (there is another one about a mile towards the entrance). Individual rooms, but designated men & women, each with a sink, toilet & shower. They are heated.

As I mentioned, it is still only 46°F outside. With the heavy clouds, it feels even colder. Not a good afternoon to sit outside. My weather app says it will be 69°F tomorrow & sunny, but I'm suspicious - it said it was going to hit 59°F here today. 

Dinner was a Turkey pot pie.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment