Sunday, January 12, 2020

Day 84, Sunday, January 12, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 35

An Ultralight
I took a moonrise photo over the campground last night, but there was way too much level differences between the moon & trailers for anything useful. I should have done it a couple of days ago when the moonrise still had some daylight left.

We did have an ultralight do a flyby this afternoon.

I decided since it was Sunday, it was time for a "Big Breakfast", so I cooked up the rest of the bacon, made scrambled eggs with cheese, and sourdough toast. Not too bad, although enough that I didn't need lunch.

Lots of sitting outside reading and relaxing.

For dinner I decided to use the Instant Pot to make rice. I've always had success cooking it on the stove, but there is a rice setting on the Instant Pot so why not? Well, why not is because it doesn't work very well. I usually make a half cup of rice, and following the directions that came with it, equal parts of rice to water. The first interesting thing is the cooking directions show 4 minutes for white rice, while the automatic, non adjustable time on the Instant Pot when you choose rice is 12 minutes. I let it go 10 minutes, then shut it off, let out the steam, and while the rice was cooked, there was about 1/4 of it stuck to the bottom of the pan.

Cleaning glued on rice with a limited water supply isn't much fun. I expect to make a dump & fresh water run next week, so I'm not all that concerned about using water - I still have 1/3 of a tank left, but I do try to use as little water as possible.

So, dinner was Orange Chicken & rice, with a little less rice than expected.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment