Monday, January 6, 2020

Day 78, Monday, January 6, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 29

A Hummingbird
An interesting evening, but not one I'd recommend to anyone. Around 10:00 I started a bit of A-Fib, something I had for a night 4 years ago. While I haven't had it since, it took a trip to the emergency room to get it to stop last time, so after a couple minutes, I decided to drive to Parker. The A-Fib stopped a couple of miles from the hospital, but since I was already most of the way there I stopped in anyway. They monitored me, agreed that it had stopped, and around 1:30AM, sent me home.

I thought I'd sleep in since I was up half the night, but I was wide awake at 7:30. I did skip my morning walk. I did my usual morning reading, then around 11:15 headed to Silly Al's for lunch with a bunch of fiberglass trailer owners.

After lunch I sat outside & read - current book - Out of the Dark by Gregg Hurwitz. I have to read it quickly; two of my library books arrived on the same day on the Kindle.

I dug out the Nikon D850 and experimented with some of the focus settings to see if I could better track hummingbirds. They are awfully small & move quickly. The first image is on the shadow side of the feeder (at today's LakeshoreImages page), while the second was in the setting sun. Neither is all that great, but they are experiments.

Dinner was the left over macaroni & cheese and a turkey Bubba Burger.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment