Thursday, January 30, 2020

Day 102, Thursday, January 30, 2020 - Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 4

A quiet day, although still a bit windy during the afternoon. Lots of sun - I left the inverter on throughout the afternoon to charge the various battery powered devices for which I don't have 12V chargers.

I did walk around the campground, but there were very few new arrivals today, so no photographs.

Last night's dinner was interesting. The first problem is one end of the 5' hose that goes between my 1 gallon tank & the grill failed. As far as I can tell, the washer/bearing that goes inside the coupler on the tank end disappeared. When the coupler was tightened, the connection was so loose that it not only didn't leak, it never made contact with the flare fitting on the tank. I did have a 1 pound disposable tank, so I switched to that & fired up the grill. Put on the chicken, and 2 minutes later the flame blew out. I had to move the table & grill to the back of the trailer to get it out of the 25 MPH wind. Eventually, I managed to cook the chicken.

This morning I went to RV Lifestyles (just down the road) for a new hose. I also ordered one from Amazon so I'd have a spare (RV Lifestyles only had one). Tried to have it shipped to the locker at the Blythe Rite Aid, but the shipping page at Amazon said the locker was full. It is suppose to arrive at Quiet Times tomorrow, but packages are rarely available on time here in the Q.

That was about it for the day. I finished George Saunders' Lincoln in the Bardo. While I wouldn't want to make the style a steady format, it was an interesting & good book. Started McNally's Chance, by Lawrence Sanders.

Dinner was a grilled (the wind is down to 10 - 15 MPH) Bubba Burger, a salad, and the rest of the applesauce.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment