Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Day 73, Wednesday, January 1, 2020 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 24

Happy New Year to all!

A nice day to start off 2020. While cool during my morning walk at 40°F, it warmed up nicely to a high of 65°F. I spent much of the day sitting outside enjoying the sun. I talked with my brother Dave on Nantucket, Guido & Anne in South Carolina (where, today it is cooler than here in Quartzsite), my son in Oswego, and Dick & Anne on I 70 between Denver & Leadville (where it is snowing). All are doing well.

Clouds have moved in in the late afternoon, but it is still in the 60's. I didn't do much other than sitting around reading - the latest book is Michael Connelly's The Night Fire. Since I'm starting a new year, I checked my "read" database & found I read 225 books last year. Retirement, and not liking to watch TV does provide time to do lots of reading!

I drove to the Quartzsite General Store for a steak for dinner. I was hoping for one of their NY Strip steaks, but they didn't have any. I picked up a St Louis cut steak, something I've never seen before. Big enough that I cut it in half & froze a chunk for some other time. A fairly tender cut of meat.

Dinner was the St Louis Steak, Bush Hickory Smoked Baked Beans, and a salad.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment