Sunday, February 18, 2018

Day 198, Sunday, February 18, 2018 - SARA Park Rodeo Grounds, Lake Havasu City, AZ, Day 7

Fireworks, Day 3
Sunday, February 18, 2018 - SARA Park Rodeo Grounds, Lake Havasu City, AZ, Day 7, 0 Miles, 4,177.3 Towing Miles For the Trip

We (Dan & Chris, the owners of the Bigfoot parked next to me) went to the Sea Scout's Pancake breakfast. Juice, coffee, sausage and, of course, pancakes for $5.00. A lot easier than making them yourself. Just in case you looked at yesterday's page before I added the link to last night's fireworks, here is the link to the updated fireworks page.

Again, many are single bursts rather than a large show display, although there were plenty of them as well. There were long breaks between displays, long enough that many left before the show was over. I left around 9:40, and there was at least one batch of large displays after I hit the trailer.

After breakfast, I processed last night's photos, and uploaded the pages. I really have to get control of the size of my site - it is currently 6.63GB and 62,067 files. The files are a bit exaggerated since some pages uses the Lightroom Web page generator, which makes many small files, but the total size is accurate.

A few RVs pulled out today, but most stayed until tomorrow. There is no difference in the price, so unless you need to be somewhere else for the President's holiday, you might as well stay. I'll be heading back to Quartzsite tomorrow to do laundry, fill a propane tank, etc, then start the trek East.

I'm going to have to check the schedule for the 2019 Quartzsite Fiberglass Rally, hoping that this program is still the week after. As long as we sign up for next year in the next couple of months, we can get the same site, with the option of moving to another with a better view if the people in them don't sign up. A site in the AA row would be nice since you would be able to watch the fireworks out the trailer's back window, but G2 (the one I'm in) is a short walk to the viewing area at the front of the upper deck.

I spent the rest of the day sitting outside reading.

Dinner was a barbecued chicken sandwich supplied by the park.

Again, I'll probably have to add tonight's photos tomorrow if the show gets over too late.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment