Sunday, February 4, 2018

Day 184, Sunday, February 4, 2018 - Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 3

Some Early Arrivals
Sunday, February 4, 2018 - Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 3, 0 Miles, 4097.3 Towing Miles For the Trip

I'm going to get tired of saying another nice day at Quartzsite, but when I Facetimed with friends back in Binghamton, NY they showed my photos of the snow on the ground & still falling, so just about anything here is a nice day. 81°F and a light breeze to keep one feeling cool.

I made a garbage run to the LTVA, then stopped at the Roadrunner grocery store for water. Of course I picked up more than that, including a couple of chicken thighs and asparagus for dinner. Quartzsite still seems just about as crowded as ever. Not as bad as during the Big Tent week, but there is still a wait at the dump station, and long lines at the grocery store checkout.

Back at the campground I talked with a bunch of people, helped diagnose a water pump leak & pop riveted a door handle, then read for a bit snacking on Doritos & strawberries (hey, I never said I lived on a healthy diet). A bit later I made a loop around the lower part of the campground taking a few photos. I started a rally page that I'll add to over the week. I usually don't start the rally page until the "official" early start date, but since there are over 40 trailers already here, I started it today. I also posted today's photos at my LakeshoreImages journal page.

As I mentioned, dinner was a chicken thigh & a large bunch of asparagus, and a glass of Kendall-Jackson Pinot Noir.

Until tomorrow -

1 comment: