Monday, April 18, 2016

Sugar Hollow City Park, Bristol, VA

Site 42, Sugar Hollow City Park, Bristol, VA
Monday, April 18, 2016, Sugar Hollow City Park, Bristol, VA, 128.7 Miles, 6,964.6 Miles for the Trip

I packed up & headed out around 8:30AM this morning. I left my GPS set to "Ignore Highways", and spent much of the day on US 11E. The drive through Pigeon Forge was uneventful, traffic wise. Evidently, there was a large car show there which was why the traffic was so bad last Saturday.

I arrived at Sugar Hollow City Park in Bristol, VA around 1:30. Many, many electric only, back in sites, most of which are quite unlevel. Since the entire campground was empty (there was a big race at the Bristol Speedway over the weekend, and everyone left). By empty, I mean no one. I'm in site 42, an electric only site near the bathrooms, and one of the most level sites in the park. I still had to use the Anderson leveler for side to side & unhook to get the trailer level front to back. Pretty wooded gravel sites, each with a picnic table & fire ring. There are water fill stations spaced around the campground & a dump station. Lots of one way roads & many sites with trees making backing in difficult, particularly for larger trailers, but no problems (other than leveling) for us little guys.

I spent most of the afternoon reading & catching up on some forums & journals. It is in the 80's with enough shade to be comfortable sitting outside.

Dinner was a Southwest Salad.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment