Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN

Site 2, Townsend KOA
Wednesday, April 13, 2016, Townsend KOA, Townsend, TN, 155.9 Miles, 6,835.9 Miles for the Trip

I left Rock Island State Park around 9:00 heading to the Townsend KOA and the 2016 9th Annual Southeast Spring Eggscursion. Much of the drive was on US 70, although I was on I40 just long enough to remember why I don't like the interstates (at least one reason) - an eighteen wheeler decided the on ramp has the right-of-way. Actually, since he is at least 2 times the length on my combination, and probably 25 times heavier, I guess he does, legally or not. In any case I had to hop across unlevel lanes (they were repaving the road) to get out of his way.

I thought I'd be one of the first here, but the Townsend KOA is filled with eggs. Escape Trailer Industries is well represented - for some reason there are a bunch of Escape 19's. There are already 7 of them, and my 17. There are also a couple of Scamps, 2 Eggcampers, a U-Haul, and 8 Casitas. I'm in site 2, a full hookup site, including cable TV for $33.16 per night.

There is also a Bronco rally going on at the same time. Most of them are staying in the Kabins, most on trailers although some were driven in. Some beautiful restorations...

I didn't do much other than appreciate the extended daylight ( I'm back in Eastern Daylight Time). I sat out & read - Started Signal by Patrick Lee. Around 5:30 I headed next door to the Riverstone Restaurant for a country fried steak & turnip greens. I had the same meal last year when I was at the rally, & it was just as good this time.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment