Monday, April 11, 2016

Falls Creek Falls State Park, TN

Cane Creek Cascade, Falls Creek Falls State Park, TN
Monday, April 11, 2016, Falls Creek Falls State Park, TN, 0 Miles, 6,680 Miles for the Trip

I didn't move; I'm still in Rock Island State Park, but since I spent most of the day at Falls Creek Falls State Park, I used that for the title of today's post. It was a 35 mile drive to the park, all on windy & hilly 2 lane roads with 45MPH speed limits that you could rarely reach.

The park is huge with 3 waterfalls, a cascade, and many overlooks along scenic roads. I started out at the Nature Center. Cane Creek Falls and the Cane Creek Cascade (which is pretty much a falls) are located at the Nature Center. There is also a suspension bridge that is closed. I picked up a map of the park & headed out to find the other two waterfalls. Since I had a good AT&T cell signal, I tried connecting with my granddaughter to wish her a happy birthday. I talked with my daughter, but Zoe was on a field trip at school.

The park is named for Falls Creek Falls, one of the highest waterfalls east of the Mississippi. Since there was very little water going over it, it isn't all that impressive, but I took a photo anyway. After that it was off to Piney Creek Falls. There is a suspension bridge crossing the gorge above Piney Creek Falls where I took a couple of photos.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Even though I shut off the "avoid highways" on my GPS, evidently there aren't any between Falls Creek Falls State Park & Rock Island State Park - Matilda took me back the same way I came.

A light rain started on the way home & is continuing here at the campground. Looks like dinner will be something I can make in the trailer.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment