Monday, September 22, 2014

Delaware Water Gap, Day 2

Childs Park, Delaware Water Gap, PA
It poured last night; the heaviest rain of the trip.  By morning, it had stopped, but lots of drips off the tree leaves over the trailer.  One interesting thing - the rain seemed to improve my XM Radio reception.  Prior to the rain it dropped out for a short time every minute of so; during the rain it never quit. I would have expected the opposite.

Anyhow, I sat around during the morning, and since it clouded up after lunch, I visited some more Delaware Water Gap water features.

First stop was the George W. Childs Park. While low water levels did make for some limitations, there was enough to get some waterfall photos as well as some riffles in the creek. There is the foundation from an old mill along the trail that is interesting. A well put together park with easy trails on both sides of the stream and a number of bridges get across.

After that I headed to nearby Hacker Falls. A bit longer walk, but a pretty falls. The last stop of the day was at Raymondskill Falls, the highest waterfall in Pennsylvania. Another pretty waterfall, and a very short walk from the parking lot.  I added today's photos at the Delaware Water Gap page.

Since I didn't defrost anything for dinner (I think it was a subconscious plan), I was going to stop at the Pie's On pizza (say it out loud) for dinner.  On the way, I found a Chinese restaurant and changed my mind.  I ordered Orange Chicken & fried cheese wontons.  Very close to the Orange Chicken made by my favorite Chinese restaurant in Oswego.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment