Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Delaware Water Gap, PA, Day 4

Resica Falls, DelawareWater Gap, PA
Wednesday, September 24, 2014, Delaware Water Gap, PA, 0 Miles Today, 548.8 For the Trip

I tried for two waterfalls today, but wasn't able to find Shohola Falls. Found the town & Camp Shohola (which is for sale), and a lake with spillway that I don't think was the waterfall. In any case I gave up & headed south to visited Resica Falls.

You can't get to the base of the falls (it is private property) but there is an overlook at the Resica Falls Boy Scout Reservation parking lot that gives pretty good views. I added the above photo & a close up of the bottom section at the Delaware Water Gap page.

After that it was back to the campground to sit & read a bit. A crew came to clean the bathrooms even though it isn't Saturday or Sunday morning.  While they now smell disinfected, the spider webs are still in place.  Maybe they are keeping the fly population down?  

I couldn't make up my mind what to cook for dinner, so I decided to give Pies On a try.  As far as my taste in pizza and wings, it was a mistake.  Way too much sauce on the pizza, and the smallest chicken winks I've had (although I have to admit they threw in a bunch of extras to the dozen I ordered.

I got back to a crowded campground.  We have a large 5th wheel, an Airstream, a Casita, and a small Class C all in the small loop I'm in.  I talked with the Casita owners & gave them a look at the Escape.

So, today brings to a close this visit to the Delaware Water Gap.  While I didn't get to all the area falls, I did find many more than I did in 2001. Again, it would be better in the late spring or early summer when there is more water (and maybe Dingmans Falls would be open) but well worth the visit.

I'll be packing up & heading to the 1st Annual Eastern US Escape Rally in the morning.

Until tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Those waterfalls you have caught on camera have been wonderful. Hope you have a book coming out. I would buy it.

    ReplyDelete