Thursday, September 11, 2014

Back on the Road

Site 51, Riverside Park Campground, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 160.7 miles, 160.7 for the trip

I finished a bunch of modifications & additions to the trailer during the month I was in Oswego, and headed out for a 2 1/2 week trip.  Two rallies, the first at Niagara Falls, and the second at Pine Grove, PA.  I'll spend the time between rallies visiting a couple of PA campgrounds.

While the Niagara Wine Escape Rally doesn't start until tomorrow, I got a head start & arrived on Thursday. So far there are around 5 trailers already here, with more coming. The drive was uneventful - 160.7 miles on NY 104, 21 & US 20. I crossed the border at the Peace Bridge. A little longer than following Route 104 all the way from Oswego to the border, but an interesting drive, and it skips going through Rochester.

I did manage to leave home without one item, my travel kit that has my toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.  I replaced it all at the local Walmart.  Boy, the purchase of this kind of stuff is expensive in Canada (as are the taxes!)

After that it was back to the trailer & settling into being on the road again.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment