Thursday, April 17, 2014

Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, OR

Site 391, Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, OR
Thursday, April 17, 2014, Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, OR - 64.9 miles, 7419.2 For the Trip

Another short trip up US 101. I probably should have tried one of the other state parks along US 101 since I don't find Jessie M. Honeyman State Park as wonderful as many seem to think it is. I did find a space although most of the loops are still closed for the season. Full hookup for $22.00 so the price isn't too bad, but the park looks "worn". I'm in the only section that had electric sites that were not reserved, and it is the ATV section. A bit noisy & dirty, but it will do for a couple of days. I don't expect to spend too much time outside the trailer anyway - it started to rain as I was hooking up the trailer this morning, and has been raining off & on since. I looked at the forecast for the next week and it looks like rain most days for the areas I'll be visiting.

Dinner was the rest of yesterday's chicken breast & salad. I 'm amazed - I found my Cape Cod Waffle Cut potato chips at the Florence Safeway. They were on sale, so I bought both Sea Salt, which I had before & liked, & Buffalo Cheddar, which I could do without.

No photos other than the site picture above.

While the heavy rain has stopped, it is still misting, and cooling off. I already have the electric heater going; usually I don't fire it up until after dark. Added note - I lied.  It is 5:55 and it is pouring!

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment