Friday, April 18, 2014

Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, OR, Day 2

Heceta Lighthouse, OR
Friday, April 18, 2014, Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, OR, Day 2 - 0 miles, 7419.2 For the Trip

I'm never going to complain about generators again! Well, that's probably wrong, but the rain stopped and out came the ATVs. Two wheel, four wheel, 2 cycle, 4 cycle, and mostly loud. Sounds like I'm in the middle of a chain saw competition. I know the purpose of section H here at the campground is for ATVs, at least until the end of the month, but I sure wish they had opened a few more sections that had electrical hookups. They do stop by 10:00PM when they close the gate to the sand dunes. I did find a space with hookups in section A this morning, but it would be more trouble getting transferred to it than it was worth. It does look like they are having fun; I'd probably feel better about the noise if I was making some of it. I hope I can find a quiet campground for the rest of the weekend.

I drove to the Heceta Lighthouse without the trailer, even though I'll be driving past it tomorrow. The prediction is for rain, and I wanted to get a photo while the sun was shining. Still pretty hazy as the long shots show, but at least the lighthouse is visable. The last time I was here in 2012 they were refinishing it and it was completely covered. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After that it was back to the campground. I picked up some orange chicken & fried rice for dinner.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment