Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Silver Falls State Park, OR

South Falls, Silver Falls State Park, OR

Sunday, April 27, 2014, Silver Falls State Park, 43.8 miles, 7573.3 For the Trip

A late farewell to Champoeg State Park, however it was a short drive to Silver Falls State Park, so a late start didn't matter. I have to say one of the reasons I bought a trailer was I was tired of packing up a wet tent in the morning. Well, guess what? I spent part of the morning packing up a wet "Easy Up". Not quite as much canvas (well not really canvas) as a tent, but is sure was wet! The drive was OK, however most of it was in rain or even hail. The sun came out for awhile once I reached Silver Falls Campground.

I'm in Site B11, a water & electric site for $20.00. Unfortunately, I can't tell you about it or anything else today (or probably tomorrow) because I have no Verizon service. Surprisingly, there is 3 bars of AT&T, but to get tethering with it I'd have to give up my unlimited data, and I'm not ready for that. So, unless I find a signal near by, updates will have to wait. I set up the "Easy Up" not because I expect to use it, but hoping it will dry out. So far, not much chance of that - it is still raining off & on.

After setting up the trailer I drove to the main parking lot and hiked to the South Falls & Lower South Falls. There are paths that go behind each of the falls as well as along Silver Creek. There are 10 waterfalls along the "Trail of Ten Waterfalls" (a good name for it).  Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

While walking along the Trail of Ten Waterfalls, I met a group from the NOG at Champoeg. They invited me to happy hour after we got back to the campground. We talked until about 7:30 (a long happy hour, but we all were happy!) After that it was back to the trailer & a quick dinner of a boneless pork chop & grill roasted corn on the cob.

Until I find an internet connection -

1 comment:

  1. Your photos of waterfalls look like streaming silk. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete