Friday, April 4, 2014

Red Rock Canyon State Park, CA

Site 39, Red Rock Canyon State Park, CA
Wednesday, April 2, 2014, Red Rock Canyon State Park, CA - 96.4 miles , 6480.8 For the Trip

Today (and tomorrow) are one of those rare occasions where I don't have access to the internet. A bit strange, because the hotspot shows a 3 bar 3G signal, but still no internet, so these posts will be a bit late.

I'm in site 39 of the Red Rock Canyon State Park in California. If you can camp without hookups, this is a beautiful place. Take a look at the campsite photo; one of the best backgrounds in months! I took some photos at the entrance to the campground road, then took a hike on the Hagen Trail. The rocks are wonderful.

After that I drove Opal Canyon Road. Didn't see any opals, but lots of sand. I turned around once the sand got soft & deep enough that I'd have to air down the tires to continue. While I could have used my 12V pump to refill the tires, it is so slow that I decided not to.  Lots of photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a chicken thigh sandwich, and asparagus.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment