Friday, November 22, 2013

Kartchner Caverns, Day 2

Friday, November 22, 2013, Kartchner Caverns State Park, Day 2 - 0 miles, 4,401.6 For the Trip

No photos today unless the sunset gets interesting. As of now it is trying...

It rained off & on overnight, as well as during the day. Also cooled off quite a bit. The little ceramic cube heater is doing a good job keeping the trailer warm. I took the Big Room tour through the cave this afternoon. I'm not sure where to rate the cavern. It has many beautiful formations, the big room is big, and the tour guide was excellent, however, compared to the Caverns of Sonora, it doesn't have the "life". Probably unfair to provide a link to my visit to the Caverns of Sonora since I don't have any photos of Kartchner, but I still don't see any reason for not allowing cameras.  Definitely worth a visit, but Sonora still remains my favorite.

After the tour I drove into Benson (about 12 miles north) to a Safeway to replenish supplies. I'm amazed that my phone number still working to give me the store discounts since I only use it on trips out west. As usual, I went overboard, but since there is still room in both the freezer and the fridge, I'm good. Dinner was Safeway's boneless chicken wings and a salad. Definitely edible, however not my favorite flavor of sauce. I'll throw the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow.

Until then -

1 comment: