Wednesday, November 13, 2013

City of Rocks State Park, NM, Day 2


Sunset At City of Rocks 
Tuesday, November 12, 2013, City of Rocks State Park, NM - 0 miles, 4,137.4 For the Trip

I took a couple of sunset photos last night and added them to today's page. Sure wish the moon would hurry up and reach the new moon phase so I can take some decent star photos. Then again, it is cold enough here at night that it is just as well that I don't have to stand outside in the dark

While I had zero towing miles today I did put 89.2 on the RAV 4. I went to Silver City to do laundry, and while there, got a haircut. I thought about driving north to the Gila Cliff Dwellers National Monument, but discovered a sign along the road that said it was a 2 hour drive, it closed at 4:00PM, and it was already 1:30. So, I decided to find a Ghost Town a little way outside of Silver City shown on my AAA map. I don't know if the Santa Rita Ghost Town still exists, but I sure didn't find it. I did find a huge copper mine about where the map said the ghost town was located. The mine was big enough that I took a panorama of it. There is a large 2.9MB version that you can click on if you have a fast connection.

The rest of the normal sized photos for today are at the LakeshoreImages Page.

After that it was back to City of Rocks. I seem to have a pretty good Verizon connection here (no AT&T) so I spent some time catching up on email & reading some of the RV & photography web pages I like to visit.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment