Tuesday, November 12, 2013

City of Rocks State Park, NM

Fort Bliss Soldiers Climbing at City of Rocks State Park, NM
Tuesday, November 12, 2013, City of Rocks State Park, NM - 42.9 miles, 4,137.4 For the Trip

Today was another short drive from Rockhound to City of Rocks State Park. I'm here for two days - I wanted to spend the afternoon goofing off after climbing almost as high as you can go without technical techniques at Rockhound. Saw some very pretty minerals, but it would take a sledge hammer to get them out. I did pick up a couple of small pieces to add to my type box at home.

I didn't get to immediately relax - the campground host told me there was a group of soldiers from Fort Bliss climbing the rocks. Pure bare hand climbing - no ropes, pitons, etc. I climbed around (not up) the rocks until I found them & shot a bunch of photos.

I'm not sure I have the energy left to grill the steak so dinner may be something simple.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment