Monday, May 7, 2012

Kentucky Horse Farm Campground, Lexington, KY

Kentucky Horse Farm Campground, Site 245, Lexington, KY

Monday, May 7 - Lexington, KY - Kentucky Horse Farm Campground - 274.2 Miles Today, 1064.2 For the Trip

I can now add Kentucky to my list of visited states. The last time I was in the state was on out 1996 trip. The Kentucky Horse Farm is a huge complex, with the campground only a part. Even so, the campground is huge, as well - 260 developed sites plus a primitive area. My site is # 245, a nice location with some shade (which is good since it is hot today (I know, I complain about the cold or the heat - I just want it to be 75°F everywhere!

I have been sticking to the interstates, something I don't usually do, but the choices coming across West Virginia other than I 64 were limited. I hope to use US 68 to get to Mammoth Cave tomorrow. Other than that, not all that much going on today. I'm sitting in the shade of a Hickory tree & my awning waiting for things to cool off before making dinner.

Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment