Saturday, May 14, 2011

Upper Antelope Canyon, Page, AZ

Today's Photo - A Sand Waterfall in the Upper Antelope Slot Canyon, Page, AZ















I woke up at 4:00AM, and couldn't go back to sleep until just before sunrise. Of course I was planning to go to Horseshoe Bend for the sunrise, so I missed it. And, of course, it was a beautiful sunrise that I got to watch over the trailer park. I'll set the alarm for tomorrow!

As to today, I decided to take a tour of one of the slot canyons. There are a number of different tours available, ranging from a 1 hour zip through a canyon to whole day guided tours. I took the photographer's tour of the Upper Antelope Canyon, a 2 hour tour. This was an experience of a lifetime. I highly recommend it to anyone that gets to Page, AZ. In fact, I recommend going to Page just for the tour. It is that interesting. It does cost $46.00, you will be with a group, but the lighting in the canyon is unbeliebeable!
I made a full page of just some of the hundreds of images I took - it is at Antelope Canyon.

After that it was back to the campground to post these pages. I'll try again for a sunset photo of horseshoe bend (as well as a morning photo tomorrow!)

Till Tomorrow-

2 comments:

  1. John, amazing pictures! They are surreal. Talk about capturing light! I've seen pictures of Antelope Canyon before, but I honestly believe yours are the best I've ever seen. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but it is the scenery that makes it possible! An amazing place.

    ReplyDelete