Thursday, December 30, 2010

Trailer Options II

Today's Photo - Chimney Bluffs State Park, NY














Well, I received email from Tammy At Escape Industries letting me know it was time to make the preliminary decisions on options for the trailer.  Although they won't actually start to build the trailer until March, they need to start ordering the materials in January.  So, for those that might be interested, here is what I'm ordering:



Exterior 120v outlet
Air Conditioner (Roofmount)
Bike Rack Ready
Removable Power Cord
Dual 6V Batteries
Dual Propane Package
Equalizer Hitch
Tongue Box
Exterior Access Hatch (Rear Passenger side)
Exterior shower
Solar
2 Way Water Heater
5 Cu Ft Fridge (Replaces 3 cu ft)
Electric Tongue Jack
High Lift Axle + 15" Tires
Install Cell Phone Antenna that I will Supply
LED Lighting
Stove Cover
Thermal Windows & Extra Insulation
TV Ready
TV Antenna with power amplifier
Back Up Camera Install that I Will Supply
12 Volt Outlets (3)
Starter Kit
Trim Color - Spectra Red (It matches my RAV4)


I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the standard rear dinette or have it replaced by a full size bed.  There are advantages to both - the bed is more comfortable than one made from the dinette cushions, but on the other hand, that only leaves a 2 seat front dinette; fine for me, but tight when I have guests. The solution others have used is to add a 2" or 3" memory foam topper over the cushions and leave that set up until you need tha additional eating space. Of course, then you need to figure out what you are going to do with the topper when you want to use the dinette!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just lost a whole comment. I have the dinette which I keep down as a bed because I found a little table that is big enough for me to use for my computer, and to eat if I'm not at the picnic table. I wanted to use it for my bed because I have big windows all around so it's nice to hear the sounds at night and to wake up to the sound of a river or waterfall. I put two twin size memory foam mattresses on top of it. When I needed the couch as a bed, I just moved one over to it, then put it back to the couch position and stored the mattress on my bed.

    I put two twin size memory foam mattresses on it which makes it very comfortable. When my kids flew out to see me, I put one of them on the jack knife sofa which made that a comfortable twin bed.

    I have a queen size bed at the other end of the trailer with a single bunk over (took the mattress off and use it for storage). When my son and his two daughters visited, I was able to sleep everyone comfortably. We were gone, exploring, most of the time during the day. We had to shift stuff to his rental car during the night and day, but that was no problem.

    One suggestion is to have them make your trailer cable ready. Quite a few of the state parks in Georgia have cable, and it's nice to have if I can't get an antenna signal.

    I hope I'm not being a pest, Jon. It's nice to hear about the adventures of another solo traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thought, Jon. I made my tub a closet-hung poles. My holding tanks are small so I use the campground showers or in a pinch can use a Flying J.

    I've caught up with your blog, but I'm anxious to read about your travels. I love visiting places/areas that aren't touristy.

    ReplyDelete