Saturday, July 15, 2023

Trip to Bolerama and Takoma Park, Day 11

 Saturday, July 15, 2023 - LeHigh Gorge Campground, Day 2, 0 Miles, 835.7 Miles For The Trip

A very slow day. I did walk around the campground. Most of the roads are gravel, and hilly. With the heavy rain yesterday & last night, some of the steeper roads were quite washed out. During the morning a tractor with a scraper/plow was rebuilding them. If that happens with every heavy rain, it looks like job security!

Other than sitting out reading, the walk was the only thing I did. We decided to have our main meal at lunch since storms were predicted for dinner time. A turkey Burger for me, and Bubba Burgers for Anne & Guido. Around what would have been dinner time, Anne & Guido went to the grocery store for water, etc.

Around 8:00 distant thunder was rattling, so we put in the awnings and headed inside. As I said, a slow day.

I do have a photo I can add - Karin sent me a copy of the one she took as she was getting ready to leave Cherry Hill on Thursday:

Jon, Ken, Lorna, Anne, Guido


No comments:

Post a Comment