Tuesday, May 17, 2022

2022 Trip To The Spring Fling, Day 8

 Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - Wilmington Notch DEC Campground, Wilmington, NY, 250.2 Miles, 665 Miles For The Trip

Another rainy night, although it stopped well before morning, letting me pack up the trailer & dump the tanks without a raincoat. I headed out of the campground around 9:30, and arrived at Wilmington Notch by 3:30. A mix of 2 lane county roads, a few 2 lane state roads, and a bit on I 89. Lots of wind & some light rain off & on during the drive, with heavier rain starting just after arriving at the campground.

I'm in site 30, a dry site on sand level enough that I did not need to unhook the trailer from the truck. There is a bathroom building with flush toilets, but no showers or heat. Good Verizon coverage at 74.3Mbps down & 23Mbps up, with weak AT&T that I didn't check the speed. It cooled off when I hit NY; it hit 70°F on the drive, but was only 48°F when I arrived at the campground & the furnace was running. I usually shut it off when driving unless the temperatures are well below freezing, but I forgot this time. Along with the campground photo I'm adding a couple that Anne took during our trip to Mt. Washington.

Me at Mt Washington

It looks like the rain will continue for the rest of the afternoon, so I'll probably just sit in the trailer & read. Still reading Lawrence Block's Enough Rope on the Kindle, and listening to Peter V. Brett's The Warded Man audio book. I managed to get a mosquito inside the trailer that is driving me crazy. I hope to "get" it before going to bed tonight.

Dinner was a microwaved Saffron Road Chicken Biryani bowl.

Until Next Time - 

No comments:

Post a Comment