Tuesday, May 10, 2022

2022 Trip To The Spring Fling, Day 1

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - The Broken Wheel Campground, Petersburg, NY , 209.3 Miles, 209.3 Miles For The Trip

 I made it to the Broken Wheel Campground around 2:30, all on secondary roads. Various county roads to Rome, NY, then NY 5 most of the rest of the way. Gas is getting ridiculous! $4.62 at some stations, and the least expensive I saw was $4.35. Of course that was when I had a full tank...

I'm in site 26, a water & electric site on grass for $36.50 per night. Level enough that I don't need to unhook the truck or even adjust the tongue jack to level. While I called & they said there would be no problem with a pair of sites together, the woman who owns the campground didn't get the information so was surprised to see me. We usually register & pay at the caboose in the center of the campground, but the local authorities declared that because of Covid, they can only allow 1 person in the caboose due to size. So, registration is at the campground store.

Site 26

I received a text from the Guidos that Toyota says they put a bad battery in the van, and will put a new, hopefully good battery in today, so they might show up tonight. as of 3:00, no word from Toyota that it is ready, so they are going over and stand there until it is. The latest word is they are on the way & expect to arrive around 8:30.

Dinner was a Saffron Road Chicken Biryani with Basmati Rice bowl.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment