Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Trip To Algonac State Park & Niagara Falls, Ontario Day 3

 September 8, 2021, Algonac State Park, Algonac, MI - 269.6 Miles, 606.6 Miles For the Trip

A Freighter on the St Clair River

We got an early start (at least for us) and left the Kenisee Grand River Campground around 9:00. Los of interstate travel, including the first use of my E-Z Pass. I guess it worked - the gate went up getting on & off the Ohio Turnpike. The sign didn't tell m e what I spent or how much I have left in the account.

We got a bit mixed up in Detroit &I ended up 10 miles away from the Guidos & in a gated business parking lot. I managed to talk the guard into letting me through so I could turn around & onto 10 to eventually find I 94. Other than that it was normal busy interstate driving. Only a couple of stop & go sections of I 94.

We pulled into Algonac State Park around 2:00. C heck in was smooth, at least for me; they seemed to think that Anne & Guido were only staying until the 11th. That got straightened out and we settled into sites 130 & 128. We should have switched since my site has more shade (both Anne & Guido can't sit in the sun) but by the time either of us thought about it, we were set up. The sites are back in electric only that are a bit close to each other, and just deep enough for the trailer & truck for $29.60 per night, including an $8.00 reservation fee. We are here for 5 nights.

One of the interesting perks of the park is watching the traffic on the St Clair River next to the campground. So far today a couple of freighters, a Coast Guard buoy tender, and the usual small boats.

We visited with a few couples we met along the way that are already here, then sat around reading.

As I noted, there are already a number of fiberglass trailers here already.  Pictures at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was turkey Bubba Burgers, Bush Beans & a salad with jello for dessert.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment