Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Day 128, Tuesday, March 7, 2017, La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ

Site 80, La Paz County Park
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, La Paz County Park, Parker, AZ, 58.7 Miles, 5,179.1 Miles For the Trip

A short drive to the La Paz County Park on the Colorado River a bit north of Parker, AZ. I stayed here for a month a couple of years ago; this time it will be for 2 days. I'm tempted to add a couple more days to cover the weekend so I can visit the Desert Bar, an interesting place between here & Parker. I'll decide tomorrow.

I'm in site 80, a water & electric site (with cable TV) for $27.00 per night. The park is first come with no reservations, and is usually close to full all winter. A bit more space than last night, but still pretty much a parking lot with services. I can see the Colorado River between trailers two rows in front of me. Last time I was in a site on the river, but no riverfront sites were available this trip.

After setting up I drove into Parker to Mike's Barber shop for a haircut & beard trim. I headed back to the trailer, set up my chair & sat out in the sun reading. While sitting, a hummingbird flew within 6" of my face & hovered there looking at me. Now I know that it is impossible that it remembered me (and my feeder) from 2 years ago, but I wasn't going to argue with it. I mixed up some hummingbird food & hung out the feeder. Within 2 minutes, it was back & at the feeder.

Dinner was left overs - a steak, pepper & onion sandwich on a hard roll, asparagus & egg potato salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment