Saturday, March 4, 2017

Day 125, Saturday, March 4, 2017, Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 5

Sheep
Saturday, March 4, 2017, Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 5, 0 Miles, 4,899.3 Miles For the Trip

After breakfast I headed to the Atlatl picnic area for a demonstration & hands on toss of an arrow using an Atlatl, a native american throwing stick. I did much better this year than when I tried in 2014 - I actually hit the fake deer!

After that it was off to see some more of the rock formations scattered around the park. First to the Beehives, then I drove the Scenic Drive that goes between the campgrounds & the main road. On the way to "The Cabins" I found a small herd of sheep & stopped for a few photos. With the 400mm lens I didn't have to get close enough to bother them. Unfortunately, others chased them away.

At the cabins, there was a hawk chasing a crow. A second crow came to the rescue & together they chased the hawk away. Naturally, I had the wrong lens on the camera, but managed to get a few images.  Many more photos from the Atlatl tossing & the scenic tour at today's LakeshoreImages page.

The wind is picking up (We are suppose to get 50MPH gusts tomorrow) so I started to do some packing up this afternoon. I put away the hummingbird feeder (not one hummingbird. It must be cooler this year than 2014 when I had a bunch of them about the same time of year). I also folded the mat while the wind was calm enough to do it.

While there is still a chicken breast left, I think I'm going to toss it and use what may be my last day with electrical hookups to bake a chicken pot pie in the toaster oven.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment