Monday, March 6, 2017

Day 127, Monday, March 6, 2017, Lake Havasu City State Park, AZ,

Site 31, Lake Havasu City State Park
Monday, March 6, 2017, Lake Havasu City State Park, AZ, 63.7 Miles, 5,120.4 Miles For the Trip

Last night I did find the Mexican restaurant, but it was far enough away that I had to drive. I had so so fish tacos.

While I guess I can't get out from under the "Snowbird" status since I've spend 3 out of the last 4 winters here in the southwest, I rarely stay in an official snowbird park. Last night I discovered one of the negatives - loud neighbors. No, they weren't partying, just listening to TV. The problem is I believe they both must be partially deaf since it was loud enough that I had trouble hearing my radio inside my trailer. Now I don't play the radio all that loud, in fact you can't hear it outside the trailer, but still, even with extra insulation & double pane windows (and what ever was in the walls of the trailer next to me), I got to listen to (but not see) TV until 9:00.

I stopped at Sunshine RV in Lake Havasu City to pick up the lower right hand door hinge for my refrigerator, but somehow it became a door handle. Not sure why, but, of course, they didn't have the hinge in stock. As long as I was at the parts desk, I picked up a 3" sewer gate valve to replace the one on the Escape. It still works, but half the handle broke the last time I opened it. It still opens, but if what's left breaks, I'll be using pliers to dump.

I called Joe's RV Service in Deming, NM and asked them to order the hinge for me. They are about a week away, hopefully enough time to get it shipped from Dometic. They haven't called back with the price yet so who knows. As long as I'm careful not to open the door more than 3/4 of the way, the door seems to stay on.

I'm glad I made a reservation yesterday for a site at the Lake Havasu City State Park, since the campground had a "Full" sign posted at 12:00 when I arrived. I'm in site 31, a water & electric site for $35.00 + a $5.00 reservation fee. A nice view of the lake. As long as it seems I'm spending the day complaining, I have to gripe about the Class A that pulled in next to me. Now I know that diesels should be idled for a couple of minutes after a hard drive, but these guys are excessive. The let the engine run the entire time they set up - 46 1/2 minutes. It didn't help that the rear engine was right next to my chair. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading (and listening to a diesel) and replacing the dump valve.

Dinner was a steak, asparagus, and egg potato salad, with a glass of Old Soul Petite Sirah wine.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment