Thursday, December 1, 2016

Day 32, Thursday, December 1, 2016, Matagorda Bay Nature Park, TX, Day 12

The Pot Luck Dinner
Thursday, December 1, 2016, Matagorda Bay Nature Park, TX, Day 12, 0 Miles, 2,105.1 Miles For the Trip

It was one of the coolest nights here at Matagorda; down to 52°F. Still fairly windy. After breakfast I made my traditional blueberry pie. It had warmed up enough that I decided to set the toaster oven outside on the picnic table. I discovered that was a mistake. The wind was strong enough that it cooled the oven so much that the heating element stayed on longer than normal, resulting an a toasted top pie crust. About 1/2 way through baking, I moved the oven inside the trailer. I guess it couldn't have been too bad - they ate the whole thing.

After that I made a lap around the campground with the camera for some photos, then did my bills. I discovered that AT&T billed me for an international roaming call. Finally found the call - it was an incoming call that went through a Gulf of Mexico tower in Louisiana made last Sunday. I called & they apologized, then removed the call from my bill.

I thought I still had international roaming turned off on the phone (I can't do it on my phone, but AT&T can do it). They must have turned it back on when I traveled through Canada on the way to Alaska and bought one of their Canada packages, and didn't turn it off after the Canada deal expired. That deal was also interesting - I am probably the only person on the AT&T system that doesn't have a messaging plan - I pay for each message. When I bought the Canadian package it included unlimited messaging so we used it quite a bit on the trip. After getting my bill I discovered that they still charged me for each message since only the Canadian roaming was unlimited. They also removed the charge when I complained, so I can't fault AT&T's customer service. I still have better luck with them than Verizon.

After that it was time to put together a Matagorda Madness page, then head out to the pot luck dinner. As usual, plenty of excellent food. I even had the luck of being first in line - they started at the back tables. Lots of photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was, of course, the pot luck.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment