Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 50, Monday, December 19, 2016, La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2

My Quartzsite Location
Monday, December 19, 2016, La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 2, 0 Miles, 3,855.7 Miles For the Trip

OK, this is (if they haven't been already) where the posts get a bit boring. I don't know how soon I'll do anything interesting, but for awhile I'm going to hang out here at La Posa West in Quartzsite. I have to get used to cooler temperatures at night - when I ran the electric heater (which I've been doing since Big Bend National Park) I usually set it for 70°F. While I could do that for the propane furnace, I'd be going through far too much propane. As it is, with the thermostat set at 57°F, I go through a 20 lb tank per week while dry camping. Since it cooled off quickly (31°F at 7:00AM this morning) I suspect I will be refilling the tanks frequently. Propane is $2.04 in town, so the price isn't too bad.

I made my traditional (if you can call something that you have only been doing for a year a tradition) walk to the 76 gas station on the corner of AZ 95 & Main st (about a mile from my campsite) for coffee. By the time I get back to the trailer with my insulated Bubba mug, the coffee is cool enough to drink. At $.65 for a 24 oz mug, it is a deal!

I spent the rest of the morning reading blogs & forums, and tiding up the trailer & site. I found a broken drawer support that is going to be tough to repair without pulling the furnace. I haven't got my stapler here anyway, so it will probably wait until I get back to Oswego in the Spring. After that I drove around town checking things out. Not much has changed from last year.

With the combination of microwaving last night's dinner & lots of furnace running time overnight, I was down 45 amp hours by this morning. According to the TriMetric Battery Monitor, I'm back to 100% at 3:00PM. No photos today.

Dinner was a NY strip steak, steamed snap peas, and refried beans.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment