Saturday, December 17, 2016

Day 48, Saturday, December 17, 2016, Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, AZ, Day 3

Hummingbird at the Feeder
Saturday, December 17, 2016, Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, AZ, Day 3, 0 Miles, 3,678.7 Miles For the Trip

A warm night, but during the morning it kept getting cooler rather than warmer. Now, at 5:45, it is down to 53°F. We do have clear skies, so I hope to get out for some star photos.

After breakfast I waited for the 5th wheel in site 19 to move so I could move across the street. They didn't leave until 11:59 (checkout is 12:00) but who ever was taking my site didn't show up so no problems.

After setting up in site 19, I changed the sheets, loaded up the laundry, and headed into Apache Junction to the local laundromat. They use cards rather than quarters, which is a bit of a pain in the neck, but eventually I got everything washed & dried. I also stopped at Fry's for some dishwashing soap, and, of course, bought a bunch of other stuff, including a shrimp ring that was on sale.

I sat around reading for the rest of the afternoon, taking a few photos of birds, and, as the light improved, the mountains. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a salad, a couple of frozen chicken things (that look like UP Michigan pasties) that I picked up at Walmart. Unfortunately, while they are really good, I tossed the box to save room in the freezer, and have no idea of what they are called so when they are gone, they are gone! I also finished off a bottle of Bogle 2014 red wine, which I don't like as much as the 2013. There is probably no difference other than the name, but...

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment